|AL State Facts|
|Territory: Apr 07, 1798 (MS)|
|Territory: Dec 10, 1817 (AL)|
|Statehood: Dec 14, 1819|
|Borders: FL, GA, MS and TN|
|AL Land Ownership Maps|
|AL Maps & Atlases|
|AL Birth, Marriage & Deaths|
|AL Military Databases|
|AL Record Collections|
|AL Historical Newspapers|
|Create a Free Family Tree|
Baldwin County, Alabama (Map It) was created on December 21, 1809 by the Mississippi Territorial legislature from territory taken from Washington County and West Florida. Baldwin county was named in honor of Abraham Baldwin, a distinguished citizen of Georgia.
Baldwin County Cities and Towns include Bay Minette, Daphne, Fairhope, Foley, Gulf Shores, Orange Beach, Robertsdale, Spanish Fort, Elberta, Loxley, Magnolia Springs, Perdido Beach, Silverhill, Summerdale.
A Map of Baldwin County, Alabama contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries. There is a collection of old Alabama maps at MapGeeks.org
Baldwin County, Alabama Courthouse Records
Baldwin County, AL Courthouse
The Baldwin County Courthouse is located in Bay Minette, Alabama. Previous County Seats were MacIntosh Bluff, Blakeley, and Daphne each served for a time as county seat, In 1901 it was moved to Bay Minette. The first Baldwin County Courthouse in Prattville, which also housed the jail, was built in 1870. It was sold in 1905 to fund construction of the current courthouse, completed in 1906. The Baldwin County Courthouse rests on the corner of 4th Street and Court Street in Prattville, which is the largest city in the county.
Please contact the each clerk’s department to confirm mailing address, hours, fees and other information before visiting or requesting information because contact information sometimes changes. The Clerk’s Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. The documents are available to interested parties, barring confidential issues. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Baldwin county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Baldwin County Clerk of Circuit Court has Court Records from 1811 and has Divorce Records prior to 1950.
- Baldwin County Clerk of Probate Court has Marriage Records from 1819, Probate Records from 1810 and Land Records from 1809.
- Baldwin County Assessor’s Office maintains County tax records. These records are usually arranged by legal description and are not indexed.
- Baldwin County Health Department has Births from Mar 1908-Feb 1916, delayed birth Cert. rec. 1871-1928; Death From Mar 1908-Feb 1916.
Baldwin County, Alabama Census Records
- Learn More: State of Alabama Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1820, 1830, 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: 1660-1820
- State Population Schedules: 1820-1866, 1867
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: 1850 and 1860
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Baldwin County, Alabama Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Alabama Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from January 1908 to present.
- Marriage Records: from August 1936 to present.
- Divorce Records: from January 1950 to present.
- Locations: Alabama Office of Vital Statistics, The RSA Tower, 201 Monroe Street, Montgomery, Alabama 36104.
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth, Marriage, Divorce or Death Certificate Applications.
Baldwin County, Alabama Resources
- State of Alabama Archives and Societies
- RAOGK Volunteers for Alabama
- Baldwin County Genealogical Society
- Baldwin County Historical Society
- Foley Public Library
- Baldwin County, Alabama Message Boards
Baldwin County, Alabama External Links
- Alabama Historical Newspapers – Newspapers.com
- Baldwin County, Alabama Books – Amazon
- Baldwin Co., Alabama – FindaGrave
- Alabama Indexed Historical Records – Familysearch
- Baldwin Co. ALGenweb
- Alabama Newspaper Archives (1813 – 2003)
- Baldwin County, Alabama Links – Cyndi’s List
- Baldwin County, Alabama Ancestry Database Collections
- Baldwin County, Alabama Military Records